We regret that we are unable to personally respond to questions emailed to us.
- 1. When someone has aphasia, are they still capable of thinking?
Many adults with aphasia know exactly what [...]
- 2. When someone has aphasia, what are they capable of understanding?
In aphasia we know that an individual [...]
- 3. How can I communicate with a person who has aphasia?
At the Aphasia Institute we train health [...]
- 4. Do you have treatment suggestions or therapy materials?
The Aphasia Institute caters to adults with [...]
- 5. Who can refer to the Aphasia Institute?
Referrals to the Aphasia Institute can be [...]
- 6. Why do we need a speech pathology report and where can I obtain one?
We ask that attempts be made to [...]
- 7. What happens if it is still not possible to arrange a speech pathology assessment?
In the event it is not possible [...]
- 8. Where can I get more information on your Supported Conversation for Adults with Aphasia (SCA™) techniques?
These techniques are described fully in our [...]
- 9. Where can I get information about the Life Participation approach that you use in your centre?
This approach is outlined comprehensively in our [...]
- 10. Do you offer professional training outside of your centre?
When our trainees attend professional trainings at [...]
- 11. I want to buy the resource “It takes 2 to tango”, but don’t see it on your resource list. Why is that?
This booklet has been developed as a [...]