Getting a Referral
Getting a referral to Aphasia Institute’s programs and services can be made by:
- Individuals with aphasia
- Family members
- Social workers
- Speech-language pathologists
- Other health care professionals
A Speech-Language Pathology assessment and progress report must accompany the referral.
After Referral: What to Expect
- After the referral has been received, the applicant will be contacted by an intake worker within two months.
- The applicant will be invited to take part in an orientation session to learn about the Institute’s programs and services.
- If the applicant is interested in signing up for a program, then a meeting with a speech-language pathologist or social worker will be scheduled to determine if the Introductory Program and/or the Community Aphasia Program suits the applicant’s needs.
Contact Clare Thompson at email@example.com or call 416-226-3636 ext 10 for more referral information.
Or click here for Making a Referral