Join our Team! The Aphasia Institute is looking for an experienced, motivated leader to inspire a great team and provide provincial and national leadership that builds on a synergy of services including clinical, education and research.
Who we are:
The Aphasia Institute is a diverse organization with an international reputation for making a real-life difference to people with aphasia and their families. Mission driven and people focused, we offer a flexible, energizing work environment and are committed to employee health and wellbeing, as well as personal and professional growth.
The Director of Clinical and Education Services is a member of the Executive Leadership team, with a range of strategic and operational responsibilities including:
Clinical and Educational Programs
- Provide strategic direction and leadership in two main areas:
- Adult Day Program and its intersection with our training and research programs
- Education, Training and Resource Program based on our internationally recognized methods
- Liaise and develop relationships with external stakeholders
- Train, mentor, supervise the direct service team in collaboration with the Manager, Clinical and Educational Services and the Manager, Client Services
- Mentor and supervise the Education and Learning Coordinator, and the team responsible for the development and the delivery of educational products and services
- Engage with executive staff team in annual operational planning, implementation and evaluation
- Ensure compliance with relevant funding and legal requirements
- Lead development of related policies and quality standards
- Clinical degree in a relevant field e.g., speech-language pathology, occupational therapy, physical therapy, social work or nursing
- Seasoned leader with extensive experience and familiarity with stroke services and provincial/national stroke systems
- Management and supervisory experience
- Ability to motivate, inspire and deliver on results
- Collaborative, builder of strong relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and organizational skills including time-management
- Familiarity with relevant provincial and national health care and related regulations
- Experience with digital platforms an asset
How to Apply:
To apply for this exciting leadership opportunity in a leading-edge organization, please submit your cover letter including salary expectations and your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Consideration of applications will begin October 1st, 2021 however the posting will remain open until the position is filled.
Only individuals being considered for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome all interested parties
The Aphasia Institute is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion within our community and welcomes applications from persons with (dis)abilities, racialized persons/persons of colour, Indigenous/Aboriginal People of North America, LGBTQ persons and others who may contribute further to diversification of ideas and champion diversity in its broadest sense. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates engaging in the recruitment and selection processes.
Please note that the Aphasia Institute strongly encourages full COVID 19 vaccinations for all staff.