Full-time (35 hours/week)
Position Type: Permanent
Job Region: ON – Metro Toronto Area
Location: Hybrid model (on line and on site at office)
Years of Experience: 5-7 years
Application Deadline: June 30, 2022
Starting Date: ASAP
Compensation Type: Salary
Amount: To be discussed
Contact by: E-mail (Caryl Pereira – email@example.com)
The Aphasia Institute is seeking an experienced, and technically proficient knowledge translation (KT) professional to join our team. Reporting to the Director, Clinical Services and National/ Provincial Education, this position will focus on two broad areas. First, the Lead is responsible for developing and disseminating KTE products based on Aphasia Institute’s direct service, education, training and research programs. Second, the Lead will support the development and execution of the Aphasia institutes professional education and training program portfolio including the management and growth of our online learning platform, the “Community Hub.”
The Aphasia Institute is a not-for-profit organization with a collaborative approach and a commitment to teamwork. The Aphasia Institute is a partnership of individuals with aphasia, their families, volunteers, staff and supporters who are dedicated to reducing language barriers to full-life participation at local, provincial, national and international levels. We aim to give hope and make a difference to the quality of life and well-being of individuals with aphasia and their families, wherever they may be. We aspire to change society so that communicative access is universally accepted for all those affected by aphasia. We hope to inspire others to do the same.
Responsibilities of the position include, but may not be limited to:
Knowledge translation related activities
- Collaborate with an interdisciplinary staff team to create an annual KT plan, that considers knowledge translation gaps, and opportunities to grow our reach via digital platform, website, social media, and other KT vehicles.
- Provide internal expertise and advice about knowledge translation practices.
- Facilitate the creation of tailored knowledge products related to education, training, and resource projects, research conferences, and other outreach activities – this includes but is not limited to creating presentations, infographics, reports and one-pagers.
- Create health communication materials and campaigns; and communicating promotional health information, such as in public health campaigns, health education, and between health care providers and patients.
- Conduct environmental scans, gather data, and undertake needs assessments as required
- Develop a cohesive and sustainable social media strategy, and awareness campaigns that achieve targets
- Develop the vision and roadmap for our online learning platform “Community Hub.”
Project Management & Administration
- Train, motivate and manage staff as required, to optimize workplace productivity and promote professional growth
- Act as the main contact and liaison with external vendors for support with development of platforms, systems, online tools and awareness campaigns
- Develop project management templates and processes, and track progress
- Develop annual operational plans
- Develop and lead an outreach plan to health care providers and institutions to grow implementation of Aphasia Institute products for their members.
- Support the development of data management and tracking processes for education, training and related activities
- Degree in an associated discipline (KTE, health comms, public health, health sciences).
- 5-7 years of demonstrated experience with designing and implementing KT initiatives
- Experience as a people manager
- Ability to research, analyze, plan and deliver on message development, communications vehicle development and associated metrics
- Proven ability to translate and distill complex information for a variety of lay audiences
- Strong editing, proofreading and writing skills; and, proven technical and persuasive writing skills
- Familiarity with scientific literature
- Social media competence and experience developing social media strategy
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects, workflows and timelines.
- Practical experience designing program evaluation and an ability to analyze data
- Ability to work independently and reliably and take initiative
- Strong problem-solving and risk assessment skills
- Strong technical proficiency including: Microsoft Office, Google works, Zoom, WordPress, Canva Eventbrite, Constant Contact
- Experience with using UX design methods such as user research and user testing to improve existing systems, tools and platforms
- Experience in the healthcare sector or research sector is an asset
- Knowledge of principles and processes of adult learning an asset
- Understanding of how to improve health literacy relevant to individual and community health issues an asset
- Graphic design and video editing abilities an asset
The Aphasia Institute offers a flexible and energizing work environment along with a competitive salary and benefits. The Institute is committed to personal and professional growth and to employee health and wellbeing.
We encourage applications from people of all ages, persons with disabilities, people from racialized communities, people identifying as Indigenous, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities. We seek to attract and retain individuals who will work together to create and sustain a vibrant, healthy, safe and caring community. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
The Aphasia Institute’s priority is to ensure health and safety in the workplace by requiring all agency personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; by personnel, we mean Staff, Volunteers, and Students. The vaccination requirement is subject to an exemption pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We regret we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.
Please send your cover letter with salary expectations and your resume to Caryl Pereira at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 30th 2022.