Social Media Assistant Job Posting
Apply by: April 19, 2021
Job Type: Work-Integrated Learning Summer Job, Part-Time
Term: Summer 2021
Salary Amount: $14.25/hr
The Aphasia Institute is a diverse organization that builds on a synergy of service which includes Direct Client Service, Research, and Education and Training. We offer programs that support, inform and educate people with aphasia, their families and caregivers. We also advocate for increased public awareness of aphasia and work to improve communication accessibility for people with aphasia.
The Aphasia Institute is seeking applicants for the position of Social Media Assistant.
This is a part-time summer position (4 months).
As a Social Media Assistant, you would:
- Promote the Aphasia Institute through the use of digital and social media strategies and technologies
- Work with the Knowledge Translation Coordinator to support the planning and execution of the Aphasia Institute social media strategy
- Use content creation platforms such as Canva to create engaging and consistent content for Social Media sites including Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Use content scheduling platforms such as Hootsuite to release timely posts on a regular basis
- Seek out aphasia-related content & identify opportunities to collect this content from our community
- Support social media fundraising campaigns through content creation and outreach to campaign ambassadors
- Engage with community and build professional connections via commenting, reposting content, and direct messaging to increase visibility of the Institute’s social content and engage with followers
- Collaborate with Aphasia Institute staff to answer inquires
- Compile valuable insights and learn from content performance
- Monitor networks for potential fundraising opportunities and customer care issues
- Additional duties as assigned
- Currently enrolled in post-secondary education in marketing/digital media/communications or closely related field
- Experience with Digital marketing strategy is an asset
- Strong knowledge of various social media platforms
- Competency with Photoshop, video edit softwares, and/or other digital media creation platforms
- Knowledge of assessing social analytics and impact is an asset
- The ability to follow directions and seek clarification when needed
- Involvement in extracurricular activities which demonstrate initiative and leadership
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills
- A creative thinker with a passion for improving health outcomes is an asset
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 19, 2021.
The Aphasia Institute welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. While we sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We regret we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.
- Show us who you are and tell us how you think you would fit in. Feel free to be creative with the design of your application!
- Use your resume to highlight your skills and experiences that relate to this role.
- Pay attention to the details. An application with no typos or errors suggests an attention to detail that you’ll bring to your work as well.
- Include a portfolio if you have one!