Join our team!
The Aphasia Institute is seeking a Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) to join our team.
Who we are:
The Aphasia Institute is a diverse organization with an international reputation for making a real-life difference to people with aphasia and their families. Mission driven and people focused, we offer a flexible, energizing work environment and are committed to employee health and wellbeing, as well as personal and professional growth.
The Aphasia Institute is a diverse organization that builds on our synergy of service through Direct Client Service, Research, and Education and Training. The Speech-Language Pathologist will be an integral part of a team that is involved in all areas of our synergy of service.
Direct Clinical Service
- This position will provide direct clinical services within a social model to adults affected by aphasia. The SLP will be part of an interprofessional service delivery team and will have a strong interest in working with volunteers in a mediator model.
- The SLP will participate in the Education Team – training both volunteers and health care professionals. In addition, the candidate will be encouraged to contribute to the education mission by attending and presenting at conferences.
- This position supports, together with the relevant team all relevant research activities
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Speech-Language Pathology
- Registration with CASLPO
- A minimum of two years’ experience working with people with aphasia
- Experience in presenting and teaching
- Strong computer, written and verbal communication skills
- Superior interpersonal relations, problem-solving and time management skills
How to Apply:
To apply for this exciting position please submit your cover letter and salary expectations and your resume to email@example.com. Consideration of applications will begin November 15th, 2021 however the posting will remain open until the position is filled.
Only individuals being considered for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome all interested parties
The Aphasia institute is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion within our community and welcomes applications from persons with (dis)abilities, racialized persons/persons of colour, Indigenous/Aboriginal People of North America, LGBTQ persons and others who may contribute further to diversification of ideas and champion diversity in its broadest sense. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates engaging in the recruitment and selection processes.
Please note that the Aphasia Institute requires all staff to be fully vaccinated