Director, Operations and Finance
Apply by: April 26, 2021
Job Type: Permanent, Full-time
The Aphasia Institute is a diverse organization that builds on our synergy of service through Direct Client Service, Research, and Education and Training.
Reporting to the Executive Director, and working in collaboration with the Executive Team, the Director of Operations and Finance will provide strategic and operational leadership in the areas of financial management, human resources, health and safety, risk management systems, facilities management, fund development, information management and technology, and implementation of operational policies, processes and efficiencies. The Director of Operations and Finance will be an integral member of the Aphasia Institute team.
The Aphasia Institute is seeking applicants for the position of Director, Operations and Finance
This is a full-time position.
- Financial and Risk Management: Provide leadership and oversight for the organization’s financial resources including risk mitigation ensuring financial allocation maximizes efficiency of operations and meets the service needs as outlined in the funder agreements.
- Human Resources: Provide leadership and oversight in the provision of an engaging, collaborative and healthy work environment supporting a positive work life through the practices of hiring, orientation, performance management and ongoing support to staff, volunteers and students.
- Information Management and Technology: Lead the development of processes necessary to support a secure safe environment for stakeholders inclusive of clients, staff, volunteers, donors and other users of our website platforms, adhering to current legislation.
- Organizational Management: Provide leadership and oversight for the implementation of the strategic and operational plans, develop and implement operational polices and processes, collaborate with external vendors and stakeholders, support and provide necessary reports to the Board of Directors, Finance Committee and the Quality Research and Ethics Committee, motivate, coach and mentor staff .
- Degree in a related field such as management, business administration, accounting
- 7- 10 years of management experience preferably in a not-for-profit health and social enterprise related field. A CPA designation is an asset
- Commitment to Results: a system’s thinker who is customer [e.g. client, family, volunteers, health care professionals] focused, goal driven, action oriented, innovative and translates broad goals into achievable operation deliverables; anticipates and solves problems while being a self-starter and team player
- Leading Change: Possesses the skills and abilities of a strong leader to effectively address challenging situations, collaborate on the design and implementation of new initiatives and approaches, and manage change transition
- Comprehensive knowledge of and experience working with diverse funder agreements such as the Multi-Sector Accountability Agreement with the Local Health Integrated Network
- A minimum of seven years related experience, inclusive of some leadership experience in the non-profit sector within a healthcare social services programming model, including clinical program development
- Leading quality improvement initiatives
- Leadership and supervision of a team, including student placements
- Demonstrated ongoing professional development
The Aphasia Institute offers a flexible and energizing work environment along with a competitive salary and benefits. The Institute is committed to personal and professional growth and to employee health and wellbeing.
To apply for this exciting opportunity and to play a pivotal role in a leading edge organization, please respond to: firstname.lastname@example.org by April 26, 2021
The Aphasia Institute is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion within our community and welcomes applications from persons with (dis)abilities, racialized persons/persons of colour, Indigenous/Aboriginal People of North America, LGBTQ persons and others who may contribute further to diversification of ideas and champion diversity in its broadest sense. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates engaging in all parts of the recruitment and selection process with the Aphasia Institute.
We welcome all interested parties to apply. Only individuals being considered for an interview will be contacted.