Manager, Clinical and Education Services (Speech-Language Pathologist)
Apply by: April 25, 2021
Job Type: Permanent, Full-time
The Aphasia Institute is a sophisticated internationally recognized organization grounded in its grassroots community Adult Day Program. The vision and mission of the Institute are achieved through the connectivity and synergy of our three main areas of Client Services, Research and Development, and Education and Training.
The Aphasia Institute is seeking a Speech-Language Pathologist to take on the newly created position of Manager, Clinical and Educational Services (MCES). An inspiring leader, the MCES will lead the team of speech-language pathologists in the delivery of Adult Day Program direct service, and in the development and delivery of the Aphasia Institute’s training services and resources.
The MCES collaborates with the Social Work Manager, Client Services, in jointly ensuring the smooth operation of the Adult Day Program service.
The Aphasia Institute is seeking applicants for the position of Manager, Clinical and Education Services (Speech-Language Pathologist)
This is a full-time position.
- Masters in Speech-Language Pathology and registered with CASLPO
- Additional training in Adult Education, Psychology or Business would be an asset
- Leadership training
- A minimum of seven years related experience, inclusive of some leadership experience in the non-profit sector within a healthcare social services programming model, including clinical program development
- Leading quality improvement initiatives
- Leadership and supervision of a team, including student placements
- Demonstrated ongoing professional development
- Knowledge and skills in communicating with individuals affected by aphasia
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to support the growth and professional development of direct reports
- Interest in program development and evaluation
- Ability to work with a range of stakeholders and build strong relationships
- Ability to inspire, coach and mentor
- Ability to meet competing demands
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of the Aphasia Institute Team
- Ability to be a positive role model and foster a positive work environment
- Strong command of Microsoft Office applications and other technology used in the Aphasia Institute environment
The Aphasia Institute offers a flexible and energizing work environment along with a competitive salary and benefits. The Institute is committed to personal and professional growth and to employee health and wellbeing.
To apply for this exciting opportunity and to play a pivotal role in a leading edge organization, please respond to: email@example.com by April 25, 2021
The Aphasia Institute is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion within our community and welcomes applications from persons with (dis)abilities, racialized persons/persons of colour, Indigenous/Aboriginal People of North America, LGBTQ persons and others who may contribute further to diversification of ideas and champion diversity in its broadest sense. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates engaging in all parts of the recruitment and selection process with the Aphasia Institute.
We welcome all interested parties to apply. Only individuals being considered for an interview will be contacted.